Holiday “Party” Prep – Wild Flower Style
Even though holiday gatherings may be non-existent this year, at Wildflower we still love and enjoy the whole self care that goes into getting ready for an event. Even if that event is a party for one. I absolutely love the excitement and fun that goes into getting myself ready for a special occasion. Maybe […]
Even though holiday gatherings may be non-existent this year, at Wildflower we still love and enjoy the whole self care that goes into getting ready for an event. Even if that event is a party for one.
I absolutely love the excitement and fun that goes into getting myself ready for a special occasion.
Maybe you’re a single mum like me and staying put with your kids, or perhaps your party is over zoom, either way, you do not want you to miss out on the wonderful feelings that getting ready provides. So if you haven’t already made a special date to look forward to this holiday season, now is the time. My girls and I already have a “fancy dress” netflix party on the horizon.
When most people think of party prep their mind goes to hair and makeup. However, we want to turn this time into a head to toe body, heart and soul ritual.
Give yourself about an hour to complete this amazing Holiday “Party” Prep – Wild Flower style!
- Dry body Brush – brush your body in circular motions from head to toe. Always moving in the direction of your heart. Dry brushing will make your skin super smooth and it will also help to “wake you up”. A good dry brush is the equivalent to a cup of coffee. It is invigorating and will make you feel great.
- Scalp and hair oiling – this is a wonderful ayurvedic practice that helps to relieve dry scalp and hair, encourage hair growth and reduce stress and anxiety. This is great to do if you have some social anxiety – which can shop up even before a zoom party. I do this while taking some deep breaths. Massage Eminence Organics Wildflower oil into the scalp and run it through your hair.
In the Shower
- Cleanse the face – use your favourite cleanser and give your face a good wash. You want to do this first so you can apply a mask right afterwards. My favorite for a good glow is Laurel Effortless cleanser.
- Masque – use your weekly mask as a shower booster. After cleaning apply a thin layer of 3 in 1 Energizing Turmeric Treatment from Eminence. Leave on while you do everything else. This mask will exfoliate, energize and balance.
- Cleanse the body – african black soap is hands down the best soap EVER! It will cleanse and detox your skin like no other. It will leave you feeling squeaky clean but will not over stripor dry out your skin.
- Exfoliate the body – pumice stone scrubs are hands down my favorite body exfoliators. They stay on the skin, are not too oily or leave a film on the skin and they are the right amount of grit.
- Scalp Massage – Too many people neglect their scalp. Taking good care of your scalp will seriously reduce stress, tension, and give you healthy hair and relieve dandruff. Use this super affordable wet brush and scalp exfoliator to further massage in the wonderful oil you applied preshower.
- Body Oiling – apply your oil as soon as you get out of the shower when the skin is still damp. Apply using brisk, but firm sweeping motions, going towards the heart. My favorite is Eminence Apricot body oil.
- Facial Oiling – get your gorgeous Laurel facial oil on and massage it well in upward sweeping motions. This oil will change your life! Try this rosehip super C oil from Katari.
- Hair Prep – wrap your hair in a microfiber hair towel to let it dry. This is especially great if you have curly hair. But this technique will help add volume to your hair without drying it out or damaging it via blow dryers.
- Lip Treatment – Eminence has a lip plumper and it’s everything! Get this on before you do your makeup for plump and hydrated lips.
- Make-up -The older I get the more I appreciate the natural look and only wear very light to no makeup. That’s why I LOVE the Earthen Makeup Kit. It has everything you need for a glowing face.
Pre-Party Soul Booster
- Before you head out (whether it’s a night on the town or a snuggly party for two) pick out an affirmation card from your Wholeness Deck. I keep these in my bathroom and pull one before I leave. It will make you feel good! And nothing is more beautiful than gratitude and self loving confidence.
- Perfume – scent yourself the natural way and also reduce stress through the potent power of essential oils. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to a carrier oil and apply as you would a perfume. Since I’ve experiencing a lot of anxiety lately my go to is Do Terra Peace oil blend.
Throughout your party prep be sure to take some glorious deep breaths.
Whether you choose to do some or all of these steps, make sure it is a routine you enjoy.
Be good. Do good. Have fun!