New Year’s Address
Oh, 2021. Let me count the ways in which you tested me, strengthened me, broke me apart and put me back together. Losses, fears, great joys, and gratitudes. What a year it’s been. It honestly brings me to tears, even when writing this, to think of all of the people that stood by us and […]
Oh, 2021. Let me count the ways in which you tested me, strengthened me, broke me apart and put me back together.
Losses, fears, great joys, and gratitudes. What a year it’s been.
It honestly brings me to tears, even when writing this, to think of all of the people that stood by us and supported us during this tumultuous year.
There have been some pretty amazing moments too.
First and foremost I just have to say I appreciate you. Everyone at Wildflower appreciates you. You. Are. Awesome.
One of the biggest takeaways for the spa this year was tuning into the fact we want to dive deeper into slow beauty and what it means to share that message to our community.
What does slow beauty mean?
To me it means capturing child-like wonder, excitement and curiosity: in what we do, in mother nature, how she provides everything we need for the beautiful products we use, as estheticians providing the service and as a client receiving. It means appreciating how every single product we use is made and how we craft every single service. It means being aware of our impact on the environment and reducing our footprint.
It also means redefining our own version of beauty. Self-acceptance. Self-love. And love of our community.
Wild Flower Spa is born of slow beauty.
The name represents three messages,
- We all have a piece of “wild” inside of us. I feel especially as women, or those who identify as such, we stifle this wildness.
- As a child growing up on a farm I spent hours alone in wildflower fields picking the flowers. And when I think of them I am reminded of that childlike wonder and awe in mother nature
- Wild Flower is a journey, it doesn’t mean we all have the answers, it doesn’t mean we have everything figured out. It just means we try our best and bring others along for the ride. It’s about Community.
This to me captures what slow beauty is. It’s not about taking a long time to do your services. It’s about enjoying the moment.
2022 is going to bring so many wonderful and exciting things I can hardly contain myself.
I will try to breathe and type slower.. . .
In honour of my love of lists, here are some of our intentions for 2022
- Go deeper still into what slow beauty means and how we can have more of a positive impact on women’s lives.
- Increasing our online presence, to further the slow beauty message, offering regular virtual classes and courses on self care, skin care and personal growth.
- Bring back our Wild Circles – I am a trained sharing circle facilitator and I am really excited to share this amazing experience with all of you – it really helped me survive the past year. Women coming together to share without judgement and holding space for each other is truly magical!
- Further exploration our monthly themes to really help you discover new ways of thinking and to feel your feelings freely. In January we are focussing on silence, it’s benefits and will try to practice silence in the spa.
- Crafting amazing service specials that are result driven (always) but also holistic and an integral part of your self care plan.
- Triple our YWCA donations for 2022 and will do so through fun and interesting fundraising events.
- Make Wild Flower more inclusive and safe – especially for our BPOC and LQBTQ+ community – whom we love fiercely
- One of the most exciting things we will be doing this year is launching our very fabulous Annual VIP Membership! Every month you can sign up to receive exclusive skin care, and wellness tutorials, lessons and materials. AND you will benefit from Member only product, service and event specials.
I hope you are as excited for 2022 as I am. Together we will discover so much, grow so much and share in the power of touch, love and kindness.
What Slow Beauty Means to Team Wild Flower
Stacey: “To me slow beauty is equal parts intentional beauty and wellness. Slow beauty includes making choices for the higher good of ourselves, each other and the natural world.”
Krista: “To me Wildflower spa represents an oasis from the outside world, a place to let go and relax in an environment that is safe and free of judgment.”
Janal: “To me slow beauty is what’s on the inside, doing the self care that makes you feel beautiful and happy. Wildflower spa is a place like no other, we truly care about creating a space for our guests where they can forget the outside stressors and truly relax. A community they can count on for education on good products, and a team who they know can trust.”
Jean: “To me wildflower spa represents a getaway for both inner and outer beauty, with the focus being on slow beauty. That means taking our time with our guests, educating them in both products and wellness, and continuing to do what we can for our guests.”
Nicole: “I believe slow beauty can mean something different to everyone and that’s the beauty of it! For me It means finding beauty all around you and slowing down to enjoy it. Not letting life pass you by and really enjoying all the small moments that could maybe go unnoticed.
I think Wild Flower Spa helps us to deliver the concept of slow beauty. I think we help our clients by opening them up to slow beauty and creating curiosity around what that means. We create slow beauty in the connections we make, the services we provide, the space we create. It’s all really beautiful when you look at it that way.”